Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Book Review: The Divergent Series

Yes, I know, I'm late to the party of the this series, but in case you are like me and were holding out to see if the movie was any good or just a repeat of Hunger Games, I'm going to review this trilogy.

I have to say, not only was the book 1000 times better then the movie, I couldn't believe how different the whole story line was.  This unique story of a Chicago where humans are divided into factions which promote characteristic traits over family in an effort to keep peace after a great war is very well written, creative in plot, and very emotional.  I was thankful to be able to read all 3 close together as I could hardly put them down.  I found that the thoughts and actions of a 16 year old, mostly thinking of herself first was not as frustrating as I would have expected.  As Tris ponders and explains her actions it is easy to be drawn to her, root her on and experience every surprise around the corner as she does.  Her relationship with Four, her complicated emotions surrounding her family and all their choices, and her struggle to accept her divergence and fulfill her dreams were intertwined perfectly.

I found the story line to move at a nice pace, not dragging in sections as some might.  There were plenty of surprising twists and turns in the story, and over all it was a great trilogy.  I actually found myself thinking of the characters even a few days after ending the book, understanding why do many additional stories have sprung up.

No comments:

Post a Comment