Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Book Review: Every Thing Bitter Is Sweet



I've been drawn to books that reveal the Character of God recently.  I read an excerpt of this book and ordered it immediately.  Shortly after, Jen Hatmaker posted a review, so I knew I was on the right track at finding another awesome woman author.

Sara Hagerty has woven together an autobiography of sorts.  She writes of her life in a vulnerable and honest way.  Revealing wounds from people, life, and God.  In this time of learning and developing Hagerty gives the reader hope and understanding.  Each challenge such as marriage, infertility, financial issues, is spoken of with emotion, details and vulnerability.  Grace covers each story as Hagerty shares not only the journey, but the lessons learned, the scripture leaned into and the movement forward.

I found myself delighting in joy with successes explained, tearing up as Hagerty put words to wounds different in nature to my own, but deep and aching just the same.  Over all, I walked away wanting to learn more from this woman, more about her, and more from the God she adores.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.  In exchange for an honest review I was given a free copy of this book.  I loved it so much I purchased an additional copy to lend out.


No comments:

Post a Comment