Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Bzz Agent: Arla Dofino Manchego Cheese



As a Bzz Agent I was given the opportunity to review Arla Dofino's new line of cheese which are available at Kroger stores.  My particular Kroger did not have all the selections available and so I settled on 8oz of Manchego cheese.  I was a bit shocked to discover that the cheese was priced at $10 for the 8oz, but purchased it anyway.  (My free coupon had a limit on it)

I've never tried Manchego cheese, but remembered that Rachel Ray had a recipe for mashed potatoes I was interested in trying.  Manchego cheese is described as a cross between parmesan and cheddar making it a perfect pair for potatoes!  Creamy and slightly tangy.  The recipe I've included below is Rachael Ray's and it was delicious!  I used fat free evaporated milk instead of cream.

I found this cheese to be very easy to grate, incredibly tasty, and easy to find in the dairy section of my Kroger store.  There were some interesting and unique choices that would be great as appetizers, but I couldn't figure out how to use them in a recipe.

All that being said, it's not in our family budget to spend $10 on cheese, so I don't think this will be a repeat unless it is a holiday!

Manchego Cheese Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients
4 pounds baby red-skinned or baby Yukon gold potatoes
Salt
4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
3/4 to 1 cup milk or cream
2 1/2 cups shredded Manchego cheese, about 3/4 to 1 pound of cheese
Black pepper
Directions
Halve large potatoes, small ones can be left whole. Place potatoes in a deep pot, cover with water. Place a lid on potatoes and bring them up to a boil. Uncover, salt the water and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and add back to the hot pot. Add butter, milk or cream and cheese and smash the potatoes to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/manchego-potatoes-recipe.html?oc=linkback




No comments:

Post a Comment