Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Book Review: Rythms of Grace



I'm really not sure what I was expecting from this book, but I knew that when it came to finding a rhythm for our family, it was in need of some HELP!

Kerri Weems is a speaker and author who has a realistic handle of the craziness of life.  Each area covered in this book had me nodding my head as I walked the treadmill and read.  It may seems crazy to read a book on how to stop being so busy when you are so busy you need to read and exercise at the same time, but that is exactly why this book was needed.

Weems writes in a way the slowly draws the reader to crave peace and balance in their life and to realize how it can be found.  Covering subjects such as work, relationships, your body, spiritual vitality, each area is discussed from personal experience, scripture and a group of questions designed to help the reader focus on the area in their own life.  What I appreciated most was the practice of identifying pace setters and peace stealers in each area of my life.  After laying a case for why each area needs to be examined.  Tools are given to examine the area.  THEN, the reader is not left hanging!  Specific steps in how to create a calendar and life with margin are added at the end.  There is not a one size fits all step by step, simply steps to be taken at the readers pace to create peace and Shalom in one's life.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and highly recommend it for anyone college age and older.  In fact, I believe reading a book about creating margin and making wise life changes early in life will lead to a more peaceful extended life.


No comments:

Post a Comment