Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Book Review: $10 Great Dates

In exchange for an honest review of the book $10 Great Dates by Peter and Heather Larson and David and Claudia Arp I was given a free copy of the book from Bethany House Publishers.

I was very interested to read this book, I love the concept presented.  52 date ideas for around $10 that are created to allow you to have fun with your spouse and generate good conversation.

Although there were wonderful tips included to keep dates low in cost throughout the book, I really didn't find the actual dates suggested to be all that helpful.

The dates were divided into sections such as Adventure Great Dates and At-Home Great dates.  There was section on Romantic Great Dates as well.  The date break down includes an Idea, things to consider when prepping for the date, things to do on the date and "talking points" to discuss after or during the date.  Each chapter ends with a Great Date Takeaway to help you catch vision for what the authors envision the date to do for you as a couple.

I was not impressed with the ideas for dates.  I found myself feeling that each date took a lot of work or would not be received well by either myself or my husband.  The date suggestions I did like are of course ones we are already doing.  I'm not sure if my definition of a date just is in conflict with what the authors are suggesting, but on the days I get my husband all to myself I don't really desire to be stretched out of my comfort zone, my desire is to reconnect after a hectic week and talk about something other then work.

I think this book would be a good read for a couple without kids who enjoys being adventurous and who lives in a big city.  Many of the suggestions listed are not even possible in the multiple small towns we have lived in.  Over all, I was disappointed with this book and would not suggest it

No comments:

Post a Comment