Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Book Review: The Good News About Marriage



Have you ever heard that the divorce rate in America is about 50%?  I had, I had heard this many times.  When I discovered that author Shaunti Feldhahn had discovered a different set of statics I couldn't wait to read more.  The Good News About Marriage is that the divorce rate is no where NEAR 50%! In fact, it's closer to 30% nation wide, with some very specific groups leading the majority.

If you are a church leader or someone who works with adults of marrying age this book is a must read!
What I appreciated most about this book is that after 8 years of research, Feldhahn takes time to not only explain how she discovered the inaccuracies in numbers being reported, but she also explains the importance of getting correct information in the hands of all people, regardless of religious affiliation.

This is a very quick read with great charts and resources to review.  Written similarly to best selling books For Women Only and For Men Only, this book is one that is easily referenced with confidence.

In exchange for an honest review I received a free copy of this book from Blogging for Books.

1 comment:

  1. I just heard her talk about this on a Family Life Today broadcast. I never doubted the statistics were wrong but it was very interesting the explanation on how they were wrong. I'm interested in that book.

    ReplyDelete