Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Book Review: 7 Ways to Be Her Hero


I had privilege of hearing Doug Fields speak a few years ago and have been a fan ever since.  I was curious about this book, even though it is written to men, I wanted to see if I agreed with advice being given to women.  

This book was exactly on target.  I so appreciated SO many aspects of this book.  To begin though I should warn you that Fields makes no apologies for writing this book in a very blunt, male slanted way.  Each chapter is specific to an area of conversation that I believe every married man should consider and listen to.  Each chapter also has a follow up chapter on how to discuss the area presented with your wife.  For example, there is a chapter on being a good listener.  The "b" chapter address what to do if it is your wife who is the one who needs to grow in listening.  One reason I love that these "b" chapters are enclosed is that these chapter help guide any husband on how to lovingly confront their wife, and be a leader.  

There also a lengthy section in the back of the book on what to discuss with your wife.  Probably the most important chapter I felt was the discussion on Shepherding your Wife's Heart.  This is not something I have found other marriage books have addressed in such a specific, Biblically based way.

I would not necessarily recommend this book for a man unless engaged, it is very specific to a marriage relationship.

In exchange for an honest review I received a free copy of this book from BookLookBloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment