Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Homemade Tomato Soup


Ohh peeps, this is a keeper of a recipe!  A friend passed it along and I've included the original recipe and the edits she made.  I used her edits and won't go back, there is no reason to add the extra fat!  This time around I used the freeze dried basil, but I am looking forward to the fresh basil this summer!

Tomato Basil Soup
Kathryn Olive

2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
18 fresh basil leaves, minced ( I have also used the freeze dried 2-3tsp)
1 tsp sugar
1 C whipping cream ( I use half and half)
½ C butter ( I use 3 T)

In a large sauce pan, bring the tomatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 mins. Add basil and sugar. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream and butter. Cook until butter is melted and soup is hot.






No comments:

Post a Comment