Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Book Review:Passion


In exchange for an honest review via Book Look Bloggers I was given a free copy of Louie Giglio's book Passion: The Bright Light Of Glory.


If you haven't heard of the Passion conference then I would highly suggest googling it and viewing next year's conference online.  In the meantime, this book is a compilation of many of the talk's given over the years of Passion that will not only help the reader understand what Passion Conferences aim to do, but will speak directly to the reader.  Sermons from John Piper, Francis Chan, Beth Moore, Louis Giglio...each on their own a stand alone filled with encouragement, challenge and truth.  

Even though I had heard many of these sermons before, I am so thankful to have them written down, my notes never do justice to sermons!  Reading them brought me right back to the struggles I was dealing with, surrendering while listening the first time around.  It helped me realize how far I've come, and was a great reminder of why I do what I do.  

This book has been suggested as a graduation gift for a college student and I would agree.  Passion conferences are directed at college students, and this would be a great encouragement for any graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment