Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Monday, April 7, 2014

Book Review: Unquenchable


I've been a fan of Carol Kent for a long time.  I fell in love with her writing and simply strategies in Becoming a Woman of Influence and as her life story unfolded in the public eye with the arrest of her son I read As I Lay My Isaac Down with curiosity and tears.  Unquenchable was a book I was very excited to read, for if anyone knows about growing a wildfire faith that will endure anything, it is certainly Carol Kent!

What I appreciated most about this book is Kent's continued willingness to be honest and raw about the life she is being called to lead, a life so far from what she anticipated.  In addition to her own personal lessons learned Kent also incorporates a variety of others life stories drawing what she personally learned in addition to what others learned.  

I will say, I was a bit frustrated at first, it seemed that the key to growing a deeper faith was simply to decide to do so, but as the book continued Kent offers great strategies for whatever stage of growth or dry spell you may be in.  Kent's truth that at some point you will have a wilderness moment is actually comforting, and building on the skills to get through that time with Kent's encouragement makes this book a wonderful read for any believer.  

1 comment:

  1. I read "Isaac" and "Becoming..." and I just finished "A New Kind of Normal." I didn't know about this book. Looking forward to reading it, especially after your review.

    ReplyDelete