Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Easy Chicken Fried Rice and Yum Yum Sauce


Well we haven't lived in the south long, but one thing I'm LOVING here is the addiction to Yum Yum sauce!  If you haven't heard of it I would suggest THIS RECIPE

Chicken Fried Rice or Veggie Fried Rice has become a quick go to recipe in our house for stretching  leftovers and using up frozen veggies.  My favorite way to make "fried" rice is to pull out several handfuls of frozen veggies from the freezer or leftover steamed veggies from the week.  Add them to a saute pan with a T of oil.  Once they are warmed through add leftover rice from the fridge (basmati or jasmine) and soy sauce to taste (usually 1/4 c for me) combine everything together.  I then add 2 special ingredients that can easily be omitted.  I add 1-2 cubes of frozen ginger and 1-2 tsp of toasted sesame oil.  

We always top our fried rice with Yum Yum sauce :)

No comments:

Post a Comment