Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cranberry Apple Sauce/Muffins

I love making fresh cranberry sauce.  This year's sauce doubled as a cheesecake topping!  I used this recipe was great, my favorite so far!  Of course I always have extra and have found that adding the sauce to make muffins is a perfect way to use up the extras.  2 adjustments, I made, I did not add the pomegranate arils and I used frozen fresh ginger instead of ground.


Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce 
1 cup pomegranate juice
1 small apple, diced
1 ½ cups fresh cranberries
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger

In a large saucepan, heat the pomegranate juice, apple, cranberries, sugar and ginger over medium-low heat. Simmer the sauce, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, until thickened and most of the liquid is evaporated. 

Muffins!!- Cranberry and almonds are a great combo!  This recipe hit the spot!  I did find that it was to moist as a bread, but muffins turned out great.  I also left the glaze off.  

    For the Bread:
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp almond extract
  • 3 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt 
    campaignIcon 
  • 1 1/2 cup sour cream 
    campaignIcon 
  • 1 can (14oz) whole-berry cranberry sauce
Cream butter, sugar and eggs together, add dry ingredients then cranberry sauce and sour cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment