Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, November 15, 2013

Book Review: Love Does

Ok, I'll admit, I'm late to the party on Love Does.  Bob Goff has written a quirky, honest book about different moments in his life that leaves the reader pondering Jesus.

I can not say enough about this book.  This was recommended to me over a year ago and sat on my kindle until recently.  Page after page has the reader seeing many examples of extraordinary action with the intent from Goff only for the receiver of action to realize how deeply they are loved.

Goff has had a very unique past in many ways and although I certainly don't see our family being able to take a trip around the world to serve people any time, the ideas in this book will challenge any reader to try to think outside the box on expressing love.

Different sections of this book triggered memories of how others has loved on me in the past, other sections affirmed how I was receiving things in my life and reminded me that those actions where reflections of Christ's love as well.

One thing is certain, Bob Goff says a very solid foundation for the philosophy...Love Does.

No comments:

Post a Comment