Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, October 18, 2013

Book Review: Women Living Well


As a book reviewer for Book Sneeze I was given the chance to review Women Living Well by Courtney Joseph.  

This book is divide into 4 main sections as Joseph speaks to the reader on the subjects of Ministry, being a wife, mother, and homemaker.  Although I found all of these sections to include some helpful pointers, over all I felt like this book was cramming a lot into a few pages.  

I appreciated that the author took the time to remind the reader that much of what she was touching on is not specifically addressed in the Bible (media, date night etc), and yet at the same time made sure her extrapolations where based in scripture.  

Over all, I think this is a good book for someone who is really seeking to find a biblical perspective on balancing all the hats a young mother and wife wears.  I didn't really find myself being challenged by any new thoughts, and balanced a bit of frustration by what felt like self promotion at times.  

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment