Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Homemade Bagels

Since moving east we have been missing our favorite bagels.  I found this recipe on pinterest and shockingly followed it exactly!

Above are plain bagels.  


I added white chocolate chips to 2 of them just to see.  I was please do see them handle the boiling process really well, even staying in place.  I think next time I would add them BEFORE the rising just to secure them better.

They baked up great, but lost a bit of the chip shape.  The last ones I did were a combo of cinnamon and brown sugar in a bit of melted butter.  I topped the bagels immediately after they came out of the over.  They look lightly topped, but the flavor was perfect.


These bagels were a bit of work, I think the fact that you can split it into 2 days helps, starting the afternoon before them baking off the next day whenever works for you is great.  The recipe makes a good amount of bagels and they freeze really well.  A friend came through from our former town and she said they taste just like the ones we are used to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment