Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CWW: Book Review Living, Loving and Lasting as a Coach's Wife

We have a newbie coach on our staff this year and he started dating a really sweet girl who LOVE's her some football.  Things have been going well with them and she and I recently chatted.  One thing became apparent really quick...they are SERIOUS.  As a more "seasoned" coach's wife I remember the amazing women who surrounded me at my coach and I began dating.  Their life on life mentoring and honesty gave me the ability to walk into our marriage with both eyes open, ready to dig into and create an amazing life with football.

I'll admit, not all wives are willing to hear from the life experience of others.  The divorce rate is very high in football and in my experience the other thing that happens is that husbands quit coaching to save their marriages.  Both scenarios really hard to watch.

Last year I was given a copy of this new AWESOME book about college football.  This book was written by several women who sent out a survey, did interviews and gathered data for several years.  They touched on all the top subjects that coaching families wrestle with and included some wonderful advice from some great women who have survived decades in this profession.  Reading this book was a wonderful reminder we are not in this profession alone.  It was very encouraging and full of helpful advice as our kids get older.

I handed off my copy of this book (discreetly) to our newbie's girlfriend with the encouragement to read it and the offer to chat about it later.  Her response was exactly what I would have hoped...this is awesome!  Now I don't have to feel like I'm blind to what is around every corner.

If you know someone who would benefit from learning about the world of college football I highly suggest this book!  Living, Loving and Lasting as  Coach's Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment