Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Healthy fudge bars

I gave up sugar for Lent this year.  It was (sadly) quite challenging at first.  I found that I needed to curb some craving and this recipe was a great help!

I added all the ingredients to a food processor and needed to add a few tablespoons of water to the mix. Instead of making these into balls I simply spread the mixture into an 8x8 pan.  It was not quite enough to fill the pan.

1 cup walnuts (or pecans)
1 1/3 cups pitted dates (230 grams, If you want a sweeter result, up the proportion of dates)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 -4 tablespoons cocoa powder, depending on how chocolatey you want the balls to be (Katie used 4T extra dark)

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/fudge-babies-400240?oc=linkback

No comments:

Post a Comment