Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Food prep this week

Even though I'm simplifying our meals I still had a bunch of prep work to do.  I had a ton of produce that needed to be processed this week from the 2 produce baskets we had.  

I pulled out the laptop, popped on Netflix and away we went!  I pulled out the last of the jumbo carrots from a month ago (thank you biofresh bag!) and peeled and chopped them into match sticks for snacks.

Then I shucked the corn on the cob and roasted it.  I have left it on the cob for now, but if it isn't eaten in a few days I will cut it off the cob and freeze it.

Then I started working on the green beans.  I snapped washed and steamed a full gallon bucket of them!

Lastly, I pulled together the last bits of "extra veggies" like the stray green pepper, 1/2 of a tomato and some lettuce and created a salad to eat off for Sunday dinner and possibly Monday lunch.

I pulled out some meat to thaw and will grill up turkey burgers, chicken breasts and chicken sausages.  Additionally, I have one more meal of chicken tacos in the freezer I will pull out near the end of the week.

Super excited for summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment