Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, May 3, 2013

Book Review: What a Son Needs From His Mom

I was given the opportunity to review Cheri Fuller's book What a Son Needs from His Mom in exchange for an honest review.  Here is the review:

Raising boys can be hard.  I feel that I have a bit of a unique perspective in this, not only am I raising 2 grade school boys, but every year I see 60 parents send off their 18 year old boys to play football for my husband. What I appreciated most about Fuller's book is that she writes to both myself and the 60 mothers I meet every year.

Fuller writes on a wide range of subjects regarding sons.  Everything from how boys differ in thinking from girls to personality types to navigating the teen years is touched on.  I truly appreciated her honesty regarding the need for mothers to have their own lives and release their sons to God.  Sprinkled with all her wisdom are quotes from other authors, scripture and sons who were interviewed.

I think this book offers encouragement and practical application for mothers at any stage of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment