Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Book Review: The Christian Mama's Guide to the Grade School Years


I chose The Christian Mama's Guide to the Grade School Years because both my kiddos are now in grade school.  All I can say is that I think if I had been able to read the first 2 books in this series I would have had a MUCH better perspective on the parenting littles thing.

I SO appreciated author Erin MacPherson's bold, honest and clear guide on how to better parent grade school children.  For one thing, as a mom who has no desire to homeschool, it was incredibly refreshing to hear that putting your children in public school will not screw them up.

What I appreciated most about this book is that MacPherson not only identifies specific concerns parents wrestle with, she gives permission for those emotions and then gives practical advice on how to best surrender your child to God.  We have already taken many of her suggestions to heart such as creating a family mission statement and praying more specifically for our boys.  I would highly suggest this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment