Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

CWW: Boundries


A few weeks ago I listed all the things as a staff (wives specifically) we commit to do for our team. I do have a few rules of things I don't do:

  1. no facebook with parents-ever, players rarely
I have found that simply saying “i'm sorry, I don't friend parents, but here's my (college provided) email address that seems to be enough. Some parents will still private message me on facebook, because they know I can get that on my phone, but still, they don't have access to family pictures and happenings
Those players who friend me, I only accept if they are in my kids lives. Those that enter our home on a regular basis I friend for obvious reasons, I want to what to know what's going on in the lives of those who influence my boys. Once they are alum I usually accept friend requests. My reasoning behind this is that our school has rules-no drinking, pre-marital sex, etc. I don't want to get caught knowing something I just don't want to know.
  1. Parents in the home-during the recruiting process when allowed by NCAA their have been familes who have come for a meal. What I have decided is that parents talk, and we are unlisted. Players will be in our homes and any question a parents has about our home can be answered by their sons.
  2. Phone number-I have occasionally had a parent ask for my phone number. When I've taken their son for surgery, when a son has gotten in trouble at school, or simply because they think having my number will give them more access to their sons. Basically, I will give this number out sparingly. ER and surgical reasons only.

I know all programs are different, and I'm not saying that having a different boundary is wrong. This is what works for our family.

1 comment:

  1. You should even consider getting a google voice phone number that you can distribute to people for situations like when you are in the ER - it can ring to your phone, but they don't have your permanent number, and you can manage the messages, calls, etc separately from your life and decide whether or not to answer calls from that number.

    ReplyDelete