Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, March 1, 2013

Book Review: Come Alive

A few weeks back I was given the opportunity to read Elora Ramirez's novel Come Alive.  Another blogger had raved about this book on Facebook, and I couldn't resist the recommendation.

I found this book to be beautifully written, so well in fact I had to walk away a few times to remind myself this was a fiction novel.  The subject matter, the life of Stephanie who is forced into sex trafficking left me with a lump in my throat until page 304 of 322 pages.  

Sex trafficking is an area I have been previously introduced to through the Passion conferences and Set Free, and yet this book offered me as the reader the opportunity to view this subject with fresh eyes.

Perhaps, you have just read my summary of this subject matter and have decided this is not a book you need to read.  I would urge you to reconsider.  Intertwined in this challenging subject is the story of a girl learning to find her voice, and cling to the truth her creator speaks to all humans equally.

One note, I do believe this book is not for everyone, there were some very hard sections to read that frankly, I found myself skimming out of mental necessity.

1 comment: