Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Baked Egg Rolls

I had some extra Napa Cabbage that needed to be used and a bag of shredded carrots SO, I:

sliced up the cabbage
added the carrots
diced up some green onion
added soy sauce to taste and got to work!

I took egg roll wrappers and rolled up the mixture and sealed the wraps with water.




I attempted pan frying the egg rolls, and then baked them.  I found that baking them at 400 degrees until crispy actually gave them a crunchier texture, and it is way healthier!

Anyway, after they were baked up, I flash froze them, threw them in freezer bags and I've been eating them for lunches instead of sandwiches.  I reheat them by toasting them up in the toaster oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment