Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, February 15, 2013

Book Review: Unexpected Love


I have to admit, I was a bit nervous to begin this book.  This is an author I'm unfamiliar with and I was afraid it would be fluffy.

Wow, was I wrong!  This book has SO much specific content on each passage presented, each women discussed and most interestingly the historical information that helps the reader to gain a deeper understanding of the specifics surrounding each relationship discussed.

Coleman takes the reader through a variety of different women who all have very specific encounters with Jesus.  Some encounters were years long, others were simple one time conversations.  Each encounter shows us a consistency in Jesus, he was caring and respectful towards women.

I appreciated the authors thoughts on some of the unanswered questions, mainly the "whys" and I also appreciated the authors attention to detail regarding the historical details of the days these encounters occurred. 

I would recommend this book as a book study/Bible study, or for someone who really wants to dig deeper into a Jesus conversations with women.

No comments:

Post a Comment