Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Coach's World Wed: recruiting the parents


One thing I have discovered about this generation of helicopter parents is that they like to be “in the know”. I wrestle a lot with this, being a parent myself I fully understand the need to know what is going on in your child's life. I also understand the desire to not let them learn something the hard way. On the college end, I understand that by the time your child is 18, if they are still keeping you in the know about everything AND haven't learned a hard lesson college is going to be A LOT harder for them.

Because I understand how hard it is to leave your child I do often try to begin the process of setting parents minds at ease even in the recruiting process. Every parent in promised a few things:

  1. Their son will be invited for home cooked meals in a coach's home throughout their time at our school
  2. They will never attend a dr. appt alone
  3. they will be acknowledged on their birthday, and I'm even willing to go the extra mile to make it special if the parents pay for a cake, I will pick it up and deliver it
  4. their son will be prayed for specifically by name by our staff

2 comments: