Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, November 16, 2012

Book Review: What Your Husband Isn't Telling You

I was given the opportunity to review What Your Husband Isn't Telling You from Bethany House Publishers.  I have to admit, after reading For Women Only I was a bit prepared for "more of the same",  but I couldn't have been further from that.

I have to admit, it took me a LONG time to read this book.  It did not hold my interest.  I think it had more to do with the writing style then anything else, I just simply couldn't focus.  I did find the author's assessment of history to be interesting, and really couldn't disagree, I simply didn't find that it was new information.  The author does clearly explain his intent in the introduction and a desire to give a lot of information before helping the reader with application.  I didn't find the presentation itself to be frustrating.  I found it to be a bit long winded.

The author's presentation of provider and protector were very interesting, yet I think that his desire to draw from male instinct was limiting.

All men are different, and I think that many could read this book and think wow, this explains a lot about why I am the way I am, I don't believe it applied to all men.

I give this book a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment