Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

CWW: On opening your home

A parent asked me this weekend if we have an "open door policy" at our house.  My response, "Well, we would love for them to call first, but yes."  This is actually something I've gone back and forth on.  When a player shows up at dinner time and "needs" to talk to coach about something "very important" (ie: I need more playing time) it's hard on the kiddos who only get an hour a day with dad anyway.

At the same time, some of our riches conversations have been with that guy who is so broken, and really needs to be in a home, have a good meal, and talk.  I think the reality is those times can't be orchestrated, and they can't be predicted.

So, for our family, we will have an open door policy.  We will use the opportunity to teach our boys hospitality, and we will love on our team.

1 comment:

  1. I think you all have a great attitude about something that could cause you to get upset.

    ReplyDelete