Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chicken Chili and Cornbread Casserole

I found this recipe awhile ago, and it has been a favorite ever since.

1 can chicken chili w/beans (NOT white chicken chili) our favorite is Trader Joe's
1 can black refried beans
1 jar favorite salsa
shredded cheddar cheese
pre-made corn bread (see favorite recipe below)

9x13 pan, heat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix chili, beans and salsa together.  Crumble up corn bread.  Layer chili mixture, shredded cheese then corn bread.  Then chili mixture, cheese then top with corn bread.

Bake until warmed through and corn bread on top is toasted.  Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and tortilla chips.


Favorite Corn Bread (via MomAdvice)

Sinfully Sweet Cornbread

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray or lightly grease a nine inch round cake pan. In a large bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk, and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I made this tonight, cornbread and all! I loved the cornbread, will definitely make that by itself sometime too, but the casserole is also good! I didn't know there was such a thing as refried black beans, so I just used black beans, and I missed the note about serving with guacamole! I have tons of leftovers though, so I'll pick up some guac for that! I hope it'll freeze well, but thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest refried beans over just black beans, it thickens the casserole really nicely. And in my experience this freezes really well! Glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete