Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Banana Zucchini Muffins


Well I had a bit of time with the kiddos having a 4 day weekend and I decided to do a bit of prep ahead cooking.  (More details to come Thursday).

This recipe  has me super excited for a future brunch.  I decided to make the batter and freeze the batter.  I did omit the eggs as my bananas had been previously frozen and seemed to make the batter wet enough.  

1 cup zucchini, grated (I leave the skins on and use the food processor)
1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 3 bananas, I leave it a little lumpy)1 egg1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal1/2 cup walnuts, chopped1/2 teaspoon saltDirections:1Oven at 350°F.2Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.3Mix banana and zucchini. Add egg and applesauce. Combine well.4In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, oatmeal, salt and walnuts.5Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.6Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.7Let rest for 5 minutes, and then cool on rack.Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/banana-zucchini-muffins-195561?oc=linkback

No comments:

Post a Comment