Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Chicken Fried Rice and Cream Cheese Wontons


Well, I didn't get a picture of the final product, but I had to share these 2 wonderful new family favorites.

Chicken Fried Rice:
2 C cooked rice (I used basmati)
1/2 lb chicken breast cubed and cooked
veggies in your favorite combo totaling 2 C minimum
soy sauce (I use Trader Joe's low sodium)
scrambled eggs if you desire

Cook the rice and chicken, then set aside.  While rice is cooking prep veggies (I used peas, shredded carrots and green onion) combine meat and veggies, then rice.  I added about 1 C of rice, then added 3 T soy sauce and tasted.  I found it to be a bit strong, so I added in a bit more rice about 1/2 c and combined.  This was perfect for our family.  I didn't add egg because I have one kiddo who won't eat them, but next time I will for my serving at least.

Take won ton wrappers and reduced fat cream cheese.  I added about 1/8 tsp to each wonton, sealed, folded and fried in veggie oil for about 3 minutes.  My kids ate these up!

No comments:

Post a Comment