Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Book Review: Serpent of Moses

Serpent of Moses is another book by Don Hoesel in the Jack Hawthorne series, Serpent of Moses was a fun read!  I found this book to be filling in the gaps I felt from Elisha's Bones.  This book takes place 3 years after the adventures in Australia and finds Jack in quite another predicament.  As the story progresses the reader is treated to future development of characters Ducky, Espy and Jack, along with a few new characters.

I was satisfied with the author's further development of all the characters in this book.  Also, there was more discussion about the artifact being hunted, so I appreciated that as well.   I also found that as Jack struggles with his faith in God the reader is brought into his thoughts in a way that leaves you aching to talk to Jack yourself.

If you like Indiana Jones or other books where there is adventure, then this series will be enjoyable for you.  There were several references to previous adventures, I would suggest reading the previous books first.

In exchange for an honest review I received a free copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment