Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pinterest Salads

I finally found some time to dig the mason jars from my grandmother out of the basement and clean them.  I pined this link a long time ago and have been kind of waiting on comments to see of the produce really lasted as long as suggested.  

Regular size jars:

Finished!!


Here was my plan of action and recipes:

I cleaned and sterilized the jars simply by running them through the dishwasher.  Once I was sure they were completely dry I began.

1) I pulled out all the salad items we use from the fridge and pantry and decided what to use
2) I cut all veggies into bit size pieces and placed them is containers all next to each other.
3)I rinsed the beans
4) I worked with 4 jars at a time filling them as evenly as possible
5) When all was finished I sealed them up and place them in the fridge

Recipe 1:
Garden Salsa
black beans
trader joes' corn salsa
carrots
cherry tomatoes
purple and banana peppers
cucumber
cauliflower
romaine lettuce

Recipe 2:

Walnuts
dried cranberries
tomatoes
peppers
cucumber
cauliflower
romaine lettuce
(I will add honey mustard dressing when I eat the salad)

So here are the questions I'm still answering:
1) Which size jar is right for us?
2) How long does it really last?
3) What needs to be added/omitted?




No comments:

Post a Comment