Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, July 6, 2012

Gasp! A CRAFT!!


I'm sure some of my more consistent readers wondered if the day would ever come again where I showed a craft.  Well, a few weekends ago my husband gave me the amazing gift of almost 72 hours ALONE!!!!  That's right folks, for the first time in over 7 years I was alone for an extended period of time, in my house, which was CLEAN!  What did I do with all that amazing time you ask?  I CRAFTED!  Yep, that and finished LOST, which I considered a mindless waste of time, perfect for watching while sewing (but that's another story)

Anyway, for months I've been pinning sewing projects and when given the opportunity I couldn't wait to give a few things a try.  First up was re-usable sandwich bags. I actually ended up making 12 bags varying in sizes gallon, to sandwich, to snack.

I didn't get a ton of pictures (I was alone peeps!) but I DO have the pinspiration link and what I actually did:

I took existing fabric scraps collected from the odds and ends bin and purchased a very thin vinyl liner. It cost me a total of $2 for the vinyl.  

I took a sandwich tupperware container and laid it out with the lid next to it.  Once I was sure the container would fit in the pouch was to make I cut the fabric.  I then cut the vinyl to the same size.

I folded the fabric over the vinyl and simply sewed the rectangle so that it was both layers attached to each other.  I then folded the rectangle over creating a bag with a flap and sewed the sides together.  

That's it folks!  I have been using the bags with everything from fruit to muffins, and they are very easy to clean out, just a damp rag.  

I made the flaps large enough that I didn't need velcro, but could easily attach some at any point.  


No comments:

Post a Comment