Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars


This recipe was also found on Pinterest.  I was so excited to find it as it really is a baked oatmeal type recipe and I have been loving my baked oatmeal muffins!

The original recipe is below, I tweeked it slightly.  I used 1 egg instead of all egg whites, I used splenda (2 packets but I would up it to 3 next time) and I upped the cinnamon to 1 tsp.  Additionally I added cranberries and walnuts instead of raisins! :)

Gluten-free Pumpkin Oatmeal Squares
Ingredients
  • 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup almond milk – I use vanilla unsweetened
  • 1/2 cup egg whites
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 teaspoons of stevia – of sweetener of choice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup raisins – or dried fruit of choice
Directions
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Stay baking square pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together oats, milk, egg whites, pumpkin, stevia, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt. Let sit while the oven preheats, about 15 minutes. If it looks like you need to add more liquid, add a little more milk. Add in raisins or dried fruit of choice.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until it’s baked all the way through and the top is slightly browned.
Let cool before you cut into squares.
Enjoy!
*gluten-free *dairy-free



1 comment:

  1. These look amazing. I'm eager to try some new recipes this summer as my work schedule is so much lighter in the summer. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete