Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

CWW: Summer is slipping away

Well this weekend hit the mid summer mark for our family.  Kind of amazing to think of when on the coasts school has hardly been over for a week, but for this family summer is officially over in one month.  I can't say that I'm thrilled to type that, although the anticipation of the season is beginning to stir.  One thing we have worked hard at this summer is intentional, quality time.  We took the boys on their first hiking adventure, Coach took the boys away for a whole 48 hours alone for the first time, and we spent a wonderful weekend away (alone) for our anniversary.

One the football front I'm in charge of the media guide this year, so I've been working on donations, articles and layouts.  We got concessions figured out and I wrote my letter to the parents which will soon be mailed out.  Coach has been working on pre-season things.  Practices, team talks, wrapping up recruiting, and leadership development with the staff.

In the middle of all this I find myself anticipating the beginning of school hoping not to regret the summer days.  So, I pulled out our Groupons and the calendar, and scheduled the rest of summer.  We will be hitting up a few local museums, the zoo, a pottery place and minor league baseball game.  In the midst of this I'm praying we will continue to build fun memories for the the boys, times they will look back on in the midst of the fall craziness and remember as times where they were loved on and felt special.

Coach's kids spend a majority of their lives sharing their dad with 100's of others, but summer, that's for them!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the last few weeks of the off-season, Beth. Sounds like you're going to have a great rest of the summer. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete