Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Book Review: Traveling Mercies

A friend and I were discussing books we loved and after mentioning  Donald Miller said friend suggested Anne Lamott's Traveling Mercies.  I hadn't ever heard of Lamott, but embraced this book as something I would enjoy, until I got about 3 paragraphs in.  Never the less I plowed through reading a chapter every few days until about mid way.

Although it took a bit for my to hit my stride with this book, I still found it to be thought provoking, challenging, and humorous.  After sitting back and reflecting a bit, I realized that Lamott's writing style was similar to Donald Miller, and she has a sarcastic wit that would probably keep me laughing all day in conversation.

As Lamott takes the reader through part of her life journey she reflects on how every day life experiences can fully reflect a conversation with God just as clearly as a miracle.  Further, Lamott gives wonderful examples of ways that seeing God answer prayers in every day life is a miracle of it's own.

If you don't mind swearing and sarcasm, this is a good read that will allow for reflection.


1 comment:

  1. Love Don Miller. Another friend had recommended Anne Lamont to me, too... guess I better read her!

    ReplyDelete