Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Book Review: All Pro Dad


As a book reviewer for Book Sneeze I had the opportunity to review this new book from Mark Merrill. 

I found this book to be written in the same style as a John Maxwell, in that the chapters are written in presentation form.  There are a lot of references to other books, speakers and quotes from other speakers along with personal life examples.  I think to some extent you could read this book and feel as if you should read the books quoted instead of this book, or you might just want to read them in addition.  I do realize this is a book written to men, so perhaps that is a writing style men find more inviting to read.

Over all I found the principles in this book to be excellent, scriptural, and attainable.  The goal of this book is to give a guide on how to lead by example, and I appreciated most that the marriage relationship was focused on early.  

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars and would recommend it to any new dad!

2 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for you kind words about my All Pro Dad book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, Beth. I've been wondering what this book was like...

    ReplyDelete