Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Small Miracles-Butterflies


  Growing up we had a tree that aways seemed to get these huge nests of gross caterpillars.  They would always be in the front yard and show up random places like our toys or the door handle.  I know there was a phase where I captured them, but mostly, I just avoided the gross, worm like creatures.  

I'm not sure when along the way I learned without caterpillars we wouldn't have butterflies, but over the past few years I have learned up close the process of a caterpillar becoming a butterfly, and I find I have become to see a lesson in the life cycle of this insect.  

Caterpillars are ugly, and yet they have one purpose, they must grow strong enough to develop the ability to spin themselves into a cocoon.  

They enter into this cocoon, and on the outside it looks like no work is being done, that they are simply sleeping, and yet on the inside a beautiful thing is happening.

Then, in perfect timing, when it is right for that butterfly, it emerges, a new creation, a beautiful creation with not only an entirely different look, but an entirely different skill set.  They can now fly!

In my own life there are certainly times when I look pretty ugly.  Whether it is a choice on my part or a response to someone else's choice, there are certain times when just like that caterpillar I repel those around me from my outside look.  And then there is a time of healing. Often, just like the butterfly, these times occur when others aren't looking.  Whether it's while I'm sleeping, or simply because I take time away from others, it is often that a change is occurring in my heart before an outward change is seen.  And then, there are other times when my perspective changes and I emerge as a new creation.  A new creature who has learned from my ugly time, understands it was necessary, and is moving forward.  For you see, without that ugly time, I could never have been given given a new purpose, I could never have been give the ability to fly!




2 Corinthians 5:16 So then from now on we acknowledge  no one from an outward human point of view. Even though we have known Christ from such a human point of view, now we do not know him in that way any longer. 5:17 So thenif anyone is inChristhe is a new creationwhat is old has passed away  – lookwhat is new  has come!


No comments:

Post a Comment