Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Just some thoughts

It's that time of year where I begin to feel that I've over committed myself, over scheduled myself and at the same time have intense spring cleaning fever!  As I've been purging and reorganizing and redoing this month a few things have crossed my path as "I really need to do this better".

1) Write our compassion child, don't just sponsor him.
2) Read (the never ending list of books I just "have" to read is getting HUGE!)
3) Broaden the dinner menu
4) CRAFT!!!
5) Blog
6) Attempt some of the items I've pinned on Pinterest

I'll admit, I've been slowing getting some things under control and have a great workout/devotional routine down and I'm feeling REALLY accomplished about it.  I also have been experimenting with a few new recipes, but with summer coming I want to broaden out even more!  Additionally, family time with the kiddos has increased.

This summer I'm looking to do the above 6 things because they are for ME!  My sister-in-law has a theory, and the harder I work to try and prove her wrong the more I realize she is probably right.  Her theory is that you can't have all your "areas" organized at the same time.  So, if you work, then if the house and car are clean your office is a wreck, if your car and office are clean the house is a wreck, etc.  If you don't work if often runs something like, if the bedrooms are organized the kitchen is a wreck, if the bedrooms and kitchen look good your car is a wreck etc.

As I work hard to keep my car, office and house in good shape I have also come to realize that this is true of all the balls we juggle in life as well.
1) If I'm working out consistently then I am not really crafting
2) If I'm working hard to keep my house in order then I'm not putting 100% into blogging
3) If I'm running around with the kiddos, then cooking is out the window

I'd love to get to the point where every action didn't have a "dropped ball" reaction, but besides prioritizing and working through things within the hours of the day I don't really know what else to do. I can't make a day longer, I can't keep my house from getting dirty, and I can't ignore the importance of  keeping myself and family healthy.

So, what do you think of my sister in law's theory?  Can you have all the areas organized at once?

Oh yeah and we have a few fun family pictures taken, that's one thing off my Pinterest list! :)



I'm linking this with Seeds of Faith Women today.

No comments:

Post a Comment