Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fresh Salad


Participating in the produce co-op has given me the opportunity to be a little more adventerous with our produce.  Since I'm the only one in our family that eats tomatoes in the fresh form I have found myself needing to use them a bit creatively.  I made some pizza sauce and froze it and then I found mini fresh mozzarella balls at Walmart.  

1 pouch of fresh mozzarella balls
3-4 roma tomatoes, remove seeds 
2-3 persian cucumbers
3 ice cubes of basil or fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 T EVOO

This kept in a tupperware in the fridge for over a week and made wonderful lunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment