Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Roasted Head of Garlic


As part of the Co-Op basket one week I received 3 heads of garlic.  I really don't use fresh garlic, I'm a "pre-minced" kind of girl :)

Anyway, I've been wanting to try roasting garlic and this gave me a perfect opportunity!  I added all 3 heads to one packet of foil, sliced off the top, and topped with olive oil.  I placed in the oven at 325 for about an hour (the house smelled amazing) and then pulled them out to cool.

Once I could handle the garlic and gently squeezed out each head taking care not to smash them.  Then I transferred to a freezer bag.  I now have roasted garlic to use!!

No comments:

Post a Comment