Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Book Review:Girl Meets God

This was my first read by author Lauren Winner, and I loved it. Written in 2002 the author takes the reader through a year of her life as she comes to understand the path her life has taken. Winner, born to a protestant mother and Jewish father spends her life pursuing God, first practicing Judaism, even converting to orthodox Judaism, then becoming a Christian. Winner gives incredible insight into the holidays the Torah presents, different comparisons between Christian thought and Jewish thought, and her own conversations with God.

I appreciated Winner's honesty as a single woman, sharing her struggles and frustrations, along with the way she brings the reader along her learning process. I believe I an confidently state that this author and I are opposites on the theological spectrum and probably have very little we would agree on, yet I still was able to appreciate her journey and learn a bit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment