Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Baked Berry Oatmeal Muffins-2 Points!


I have been LOVING these awesome baked banana oatmeal muffins I found on Pinterest, but in an effort to cut out some sugar, I decided I needed a chocolate free version.

I used the base of this recipe, but changed a few things and the result is a DELICIOUS, 2 POINT!!!!, baked muffin.

2 c blueberries (I used frozen)
1 c raspberries (I used frozen)
1 mashed bananas (the riper the better!),
2 cups vanilla almond milk,
4 eggs,
2 tbsp baking powder,
6 cups oats,
2 tsp vanilla extract,
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together, and let sit while you prepare the muffin pans.
3. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray.
4. Divide batter into 28 muffin cups.
They should be just about filled.
6. Bake 20-30 minutes, you’ll see the edges just starting to brown and they will be firm to the touch. NOTE: The muffins may stick when hot but are removed easily when cooled for a bit. I used muffin liners and sprayed the liners with Pam.

I'm going to try one less egg next time, just to save a little $$! :)

1 comment:

  1. These sound fabulous... we're out of breakfast food... and I have over-ripe bananas and also berries in my freezer! Perfect! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete