Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Book Review: God Loves Broken People

I'll admit, I wanted to read this book because when I read the title the first thought that went through my head was "oh yeah? Prove it!" Welp, she did folks!!! In the introduction Sheila Walsh talks about how if she could have only chosen one book to write it would have been this one. Now having read it, I would say that it's in my top 20 must read list, but I am still glad we have other books by Walsh :)

What I most appreciate about Walsh as an author is her consistent willingness to be truthful about her life, struggles and growth as a Christian. Not only does Walsh truly "practice what she preaches" but she gives the reader a valuable resource in this book with all the Bible verses quoted about suffering and all the other authors Walsh resources. Another part of this book that I most appreciated is that unlike other Christians I have encountered who seems to have cookie cutter responses such as "all things work for God's glory!" Walsh gives the reader permission to have emotion surrounding a hard situation and then practical, biblical based discussion points on how to move forward with the emotion.

One point Walsh continually brings up is the blessing of experiencing brokenness, the opportunity to grow closer to God through it, and the blessing you can be to others through it.

I would highly suggest reading this book, 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment