Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Book Review: Farm Fresh Southern Cooking


I was given the opportunity to review this book for Book Sneeze. I was particularly interested in this book because the author writes all the recipes based on what you can find at different farmers markets around the country.

I really enjoyed this cook book as a book to read. Farmers Markets are highlighted throughout the book, family histories shared and specialties highlighted. It was incredibly interesting to read about different farms and products.

Additionally, this book has a very large group of unique recipes using ingredients that are incredibly easy to find, keep on hand, and use inexpensively.

I read this on our ipad, and I'm glad I did. The pictures were great and I think you would miss out if reading in black and white only.

I will be sharing a few recipes from this book, they have already become family favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment