Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce Pumpkin Walnut Bread


I was SO excited to see this recipe for Cranberry Sauce from the Pioneer Woman. I've developed an allergy of sorts to citrus as it now gives me migranes. I have found it incredibly difficult to give up my clementines and grapefruit. In addition I have begun to realize how much I was actually using citrus!

Now, one of my favorite reasons to make cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving is actually to re-use it in other recipes! Last year I made this bread, and this year I made this peace of heaven:

I used this Pumpkin Bread recipe as my base, and this is what I ended up doing:

3 C sugar
2 eggs
2 C leftover Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce
3 1/3 C flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
2 C chopped walnuts
water as needed

Makes 3 loaves bake 55-65 minutes 350 degrees


No comments:

Post a Comment