Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Broccoli Cheddar Casserole


As part of Thanksgiving I stumbled upon this Pioneer Woman recipe. I had several boxes of Broccoli and Cheese sauce in the freezer, and decided to make an abridged version of this recipe. Not to try to improve it, but to make it a bit healthier and use up what I already had in the freezer.

I took 3 boxes of Broccoli and Cheese Sauce and added 3/4 of a sleeve of ritz crackers, 1 T of dijon mustard and a bit of pepper. I mixed it all together and added it to an 8x8 dish.
Then I topped with buttered ritz crackers (a whole stick of melted butter and a whole sleeve of crackers...it was Thanksgiving! And baked until warmed through, about 20 min at 350. As predicted, it was a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment