Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, January 20, 2012

Book Review: Radically Obedient, Radically Blessed

Lysa TerKeurst, best known lately for her Made to Crave book is also the author of Radically Obedient, Radically Blessed.

This little book was a very quick read, about 4 hours in total, and yet it was full of deep wisdom and perspective every Christian should hear and ponder. I stumbled onto this book after a quote resonated with me while reading When I Lay my Isaac Down by Carol Kent.

TerKeust brings the Christian walk into view in a more specific way and offers a challenge. TerKeust is careful to ask the reader only to consider what is being presented instead of stating life now needs to be lived the same way she lives it. I truly appreciated that, not because I don't want to be obedient, but because it allowed me to read this book without a cloud of guilt hanging over me.

TerKeust brings the reader through scripture pointing out how we are called to a life of obedience. Over and over she shows how we are created with the opportunity to choose, and those choices effect our opportunities to serve God.

As a Christian I find one of the most challenging things said is "You just need to pray about that, and have faith". TerKeust brings that statement into focus in a new way that left me hungry to be able to say "I choose obedience".

No comments:

Post a Comment