Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, December 16, 2011

Wedding Gifts!


Well, it's wedding season here again and I've been working a few special projects. One thing I have come to settle on is that a few key items can make a house into a home. One of them for me is coasters. The other is something monogramed.

This particular monogram is on a large flour sack towel. I printed a 8x10 page with one letter and placed it under the towel. I was able to simply trace the outline using a pencil. I then used the back stitch to create this simple letter. I did 2 towels for this gift.

For the coasters:

You will need:
Floor tiles
stamps
paint or StazOn Ink
Polyurethane spray
felt pads (pre-sticky) or felt to protect the bottom of the coaster.

Make sure the tiles are clean and dry. Stamp your design on the coaster and allow it to dry completely. Spray 3 layers at least 2 hours apart.

Put protective pads on the bottom of the tiles.


1 comment:

  1. We love love love our wedding coasters!!! I haven't gotten to thank you cards yet, but they were our first monogrammed thing and we were so excted! And we really needed coasters, so it was a double win! :)

    ReplyDelete