Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Necklace



I was gifted 2 of these adorable Pinecone charms from Uppercase Living's new line. It immediately got my wheels turning and I decided to make 2 adorable necklaces using the charm. Now, this could easily be used on just a ribbon as it is so adorable. Instead I decided to use up some of my craft supplies. There is a great set of instructions HERE or you can see below.

Needed, thin gage wire, H size crochet hook, beads of various sizes, necklace clasps.

Take A LOT of wire, A LOT and begin stringing beads. There is no need to follow a pattern, but space out the larger ones.
Once you have strung enough beads to go around your neck 4-5 or more times you are ready.
To begin crocheting use a single stitch, or the chain row on the farthest end from the bead stringing. This might take some patience, but I have found that taking 6 beads at a time, running them down the wire and crocheting them in place is the easiest way to do this. You can grab more then one bead per stitch, but I wouldn't grab to many.

Once you have all the beads stitched in place you can now fold over and twist to create a necklace of your choice.


I took the pinecone and put it exactly opposite of the jewelry clasp.

I do need to apologize for the pictures, they aren't the best, hopefully you get the idea!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty... I'm so impressed! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete